COVID-19: Measures & Effects of the current situation
The global news reports about measures being taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Many countries are implementing far-reaching packages of measures to contain the disease and many companies are already affected.
Hirtenberger Automotive Safety has reacted proactively to the current situation and taken various measures.
It is our goal to secure our delivery and service obligations to our customers in the best possible way, while also considering our obligations to our employees.
In view of the massive impact of COVID-19, the consequences of the pandemic on our business are continuously assessed and appropriate measures are derived. Considering the applicable governmental regulations for the containment of the coronavirus, our goal is to continue to meet the needs of our customers. As some industrial sectors and customers have already reduced or completely discontinued their activities, we will adapt our production processes accordingly.
Based on this trend, we have decided to change to short-time working for a preliminary period of 4 months starting on April 6, 2020. During this period, you can reach your counterparts from Tuesday to Thursday from 9.00 am – 2.00 pm. Please schedule an appointment for meetings outside the above-mentioned time frame. The supply chain management department (customer-, supplier disposition and warehouse ) is still available at usual business hours.
How are our customers affected?
- From today’s perspective, the supply of raw materials and supplies is secured for the near future. Therefore, a delivery is possible until further notice.
- The measures taken have prevented an infection with COVID-19 so far. Appropriate scenarios and safety concepts have been prepared by the task force together with the health authorities and will be implemented if necessary.
- We apologize for any future delays in delivery of good and deliverables due to the COVID-19 virus and/or official measures. We will contact you immediately in order to agree on possible alternatives and solutions to the force majeure that has occurred and to keep the inconvenience caused by this as low as possible.
How are our suppliers affected?
- Currently, only the Hirtenberger site in Hirtenberg/Austria is affected by short-time working. Your counterparts in other Hirtenberger sites remain available as usual.
- The markets call-offs are fluctuating more than usual. We share any available information with you as soon as possible to be able to react to changes accordingly.
Your usual contact persons will continue being available for you by e-mail or mobile phone (please note the new short-time working hours from April 6, 2020).
We thank you for your understanding and the cooperative partnership that is needed now more than ever to overcome this crisis together.